Studio Make Believe
Studio Make Believe are specialists in creating objects that affect behaviour. We believe that objects solve problems, and that purpose-made brand objects solve brand problems. Our focus on behaviour ensures that everything we create has a clear, measurable affect on the consumer.
People are hard-wired to respond to objects. They provide a simplistic certainty in a world of complexity and require no translation - handles that say ‘lift’, buttons that say ‘press’, a finish that says ‘touch’ - all without a single word needing to be read.
The studio is a blend of product design, brand strategy and behavioural science. Imagine combining a design studio with a communications agency with a media agency into one powerful, results based creative machine. We have expertise across the whole product life cycle - from problem identification and diagnosis to delivering the final market ready solution.
- Ideating and producing sketches, Photoshop visuals, models and prototypes.
- Presenting concepts and attending meetings.
- Contributing to the end to end design development of in-house products and client briefs.
- Playing a key role in product development and innovation.
- Dealing with suppliers and manufacturers whilst demonstrating a good understanding of cost and budgets.
- You will be dealing with engineering elements and should be able to design for manufacture.
- Ability to mentor interns, so you need to be able to communicate your ideas effectively.
About the senior designer:
- A degree in a relevant creative discipline i.e. Product Design or Industrial Design.
- A developing portfolio of innovative and creative design work.
- Proficiency in CAD – Solidworks / 3D Max
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Strong communication skills.