business development manager
Studio Make Believe
Studio Make Believe is a growing, independent product design business that creates useful products (which we call objects) that solve business, brand and consumer problems. These range from small handheld devices, to connected objects, to furniture and installations.
We don’t have to say we’re different (like everyone else) we are one of the rare cases that truly are different. We create objects consumers want that solve problems for brands. Clients include Red Bull, Ben & Jerry’s, AB InBev, Lakeland, Pernod Ricard, Anglepoise and Joseph Joseph, all recognised leaders in their respective markets.
Our office is located in the Central Research Unit in Hayes, the epicentre of London’s growing hardware start-up community. We are surrounded by amazing people and by all the latest technology (3D printers, CNC machines, Laser cutters etc.) to quickly make ideas happen.
About the Role
As a Business Development Manager you will have the exciting opportunity to develop your new business sales skills for an independent, boutique, product-design business.
It is a highly autonomous new business sales role within the brand and product marketing space. Day to day duties will include identifying new business opportunities, issuing and following up on sales proposals to clients, arranging face-to-face meetings with leading clients and reporting on the sales pipeline.
- Source prospective clients based in the U.K to win their business and establish an ongoing relationship
- Proactively engage with prospective clients to meet your own personal targets whilst producing quality leads for the wider business as part of a fluid team.
- Evolve each business opportunity into key sales accounts for the business.
- Maintain a database of prospects and contact said prospects regularly to consult on how our business can help meet their needs.
- The role is located at our offices in Hayes, Middlesex, but with flexible working available to the right candidate, as the emphasis is on prospect contact and delivery.
- UK focused with occasional European travel.
If you are currently in a Business Development Manager role or in a similar new business position this is an exciting and unique opportunity to reclaim your own voice in an independent product design studio.
Essential Skills and Competencies of the Business Development Manager:
- 2-3 years B2B sales experience
- Excellent internal and external communication
- Strategic and analytical thinker
- Good NBD and negotiation skills with a proven ability to close
- Driving licence and own transport
The Business Development Manager receives a highly competitive salary paying up to £40k (depending on sales experience) plus £20,000 OTE in the first year.
No Agencies please