Studio Make Believe
Studio Make Believe is a growing, independent product design business that creates useful products (which we call objects) that solve business, brand and consumer problems. These range from small handheld devices, to connected objects, to furniture and installations.
We don’t have to say we’re different (like everyone else) we are one of the rare cases that truly are different. We create objects consumers want that solve problems for brands. Clients include Red Bull, Ben & Jerry’s, AB InBev, Lakeland, Pernod Ricard, Anglepoise and Joseph Joseph, all recognised leaders in their respective markets.
Our office is located in the Central Research Unit in Hayes, the epicentre of London’s growing hardware start-up community. We are surrounded by amazing people and by all the latest technology (3D printers, CNC machines, Laser cutters etc.) to quickly make ideas happen.
About the Role
The Account Manager will deliver our product development process and build strong relationships with a range of predominately trade-marketing clients in the food and beverage sectors. The role involves managing clients directly and indirectly through agencies when required.
The purpose of the role is to give continuity between the client contact and project management – we need you to be part of our strategic exploration of a brand and its problems, from solution ideation all the way through to product production.
- Build and maintain good relationships with clients, becoming a trusted and safe pair of hands and client confidante – representing them in the studio
- Run a few of your own smaller projects with limited oversight from the Account Director
- Execute day-to-day client requirements assigned by the Account Director
- Communicate ideas and present insight and creative work confidently and clearly to high profile clients
- Produce all standard account management documents quickly and efficiently (e.g. internal briefs, contact reports, status reports, timelines)
- Manage client expectations on all levels, always aiming to over deliver
- Manage internal agency relationships to get things done in the most cost efficient and timely way for your client
- Vigilant forward thinker who actively pursues and initiates client opportunities
- Experience of managing and representing agency services from a design, marketing, communications or product development background
- A proactive Account Manager who has experience and knowledge of the food and beverage industry from a trade and category marketing perspective
- Proven client handling experience with known Consumer brands
- Product design/development experience preferred (but not mandatory)
- Confident self-starter with initiative
- Commercially focused on delivering to project deadlines and bringing projects in on budget to achieve profitability
- Genuine desire to develop/ continue to develop product development knowledge
- Ability to respond to client instruction professionally and turn conversations into Studio briefing documents
- The role is located at our offices in Hayes, Middlesex, but with flexible working available to the right candidate as the emphasis is on client contact and delivery.
- UK focused with occasional European travel.
Client travel expenses
£27-32k pa plus performance bonus of up to 30%
20 Days holiday a year + Christmas-New Year at the discretion of the studio
No Agencies please