Studio Make Believe
Studio Make Believe is a growing, independent product design business that creates useful products (which we call objects) that solve business, brand and consumer problems. These range from small handheld devices, to connected objects, to furniture and installations.
We don’t have to say we’re different (like everyone else) we are one of the rare cases that truly are different. We create objects consumers want that solve problems for brands. Clients include Red Bull, Ben & Jerry’s, AB InBev, Lakeland, Pernod Ricard, Anglepoise and Joseph Joseph, all recognised leaders in their respective markets.
Our office is located in the Central Research Unit in Hayes, the epicentre of London’s growing hardware start-up community. We are surrounded by amazing people and by all the latest technology (3D printers, CNC machines, Laser cutters etc.) to quickly make ideas happen.
About the Role
The Account Director is a key role for us. You will be the client lynchpin, mirroring their understanding of their business and its challenges, enabling you to identify problems that the studio can address and solve.
Taking over the reins on several pre-existing client relationships, often in the food and beverage industry (with particular emphasis on trade marketing) you will expand our delivery through each brand.
This role is about establishing the future client servicing practices for the Studio and should grow into a Client Services Director/ Business Director role for the right candidate.
- Build and maintain good relationships with clients and become the client confidante - representing them in the studio
- Identify product development opportunities based on client brand knowledge and dialogue
- Create costing and proposals for clients
- Line management of account team
- Direct day-to-day responsibility for one account manager to start with
- Oversee resource scheduling
- Income forecasting for the Account Group
- Identification and recruitment of future staff requirements
- Oversee project profitability
- Support client new business activity as required by Senior Management Team
- Experience of managing and representing agency services from a design, marketing, communications or product development background
- A proactive Account Director, or ready for next level Senior Account Manager, who has experience and knowledge of the food and beverage industry from a trade and category marketing perspective
- Proven client handling experience with known brands
- Product design/development experience preferred (but not mandatory)
- Confident self-starter with initiative
- Commercially focused on delivering to project deadlines and bringing projects in on budget to achieve profitability
- Genuine desire to develop/ continue to develop product development knowledge
- Ability to respond to client instruction professionally and turn conversations into Studio briefing documents
- The role is located at our offices in Hayes, Middlesex, but with flexible working available to the right candidate as the emphasis is on client contact and delivery
- UK focused with occasional European travel
Client travel expenses
£32-40k pa plus performance bonus of up to 30%
20 Days holiday a year + Christmas-New Year at the discretion of the studio
No Agencies please